What Type of Lip Lift Did I Have?

I had a "sub nasal lip lift" but my scar is like a half circle beneath my nose,down toward my lip. What kind of lip lift did I have? I am not happy with the placement of the scar and I cannot cover it with makeup. The scar is over 7 months old. Can a lip lift be revised. Mine did very little to "lift" my lip.

Revising the scar would fix the lip lift nicely.

+3

Revising the scar would fix the lip lift nicely and is quick and easy to do under local.  Even a light dermabrasion 6 wks later would fade the scar even more.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Subnasal lip lift scar

+2

You had a subnasal lip lift and the scar placement is a little low and that is why it is visible.  It should be relatively easy to correct by placing the incision at the base of the nose in a more inconspicuous postion and in essence "re-doing" the lip lift.  This would give a little more red lip show, but should settle nicely.

Springfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift

+2

One of the major problems with a lip lift is the scar it leaves behind, even in the best of circumstances.  I agree that the incision placement is suboptimal in your case.  Although there is still hope for improvement, it is probable that a revision will be required based on incision placement.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lipo lift

+2

the scar is not in the ideal position.

consult a board certified plastic surgeon (american board of plastic surgery) who understands the anatomy and the importance of preserving important structures for a revision.

Lip lift scar too low

+1

Your scar is placed too low and not in the crease where it is supposed to be. This can be revised by making a new incision in the crease and re doing the lip lift. Once this is healed, you may be a candidate for a direct lip lift which would increase the size of your upper lip.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift, San Diego, CA

+1

My recommendation:  Return to your surgeon and confront him or her with this issue.  Returning to your original surgeon accomplishes at least two good things:  First, you are most likely to save money getting the problem fixed.  If you see another surgeon, you will likely pay in full for a secondary (revision) procedure.  Second, your surgeon has the opportunity to see the outcome of his or her surgical procedure.  This experience will likely improve his or her ability to perform the procedure upon others.  No matter how experienced a surgeon is, and I've been doing this for over twenty years, we learn anew every day.  Even well planned and executed operations do not achieve great results for everyone.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com