Nasal Inflammation Seven Weeks Post Op Septoplasty. Will It Go Away?

I had septoplasty and fess seven weeks ago. I have pain and pressure in my nose and around my eyes. My ent looked via endoscope last week and says that I have very inflammed linings. I am now taking prednisolone but it doesn't seem to be working. I cannot work and feel ill from this. Will the lining ever get better, or I am stuck with this swelling and congestion permanently?

Septoplasty recovery time

+2

Dear AussieJ,

• If the prednisolone is not working, please see your ENT doctor for another exam or possibly different meds
  • This could be an infection, but it is impossible to say without looking
  • It is unlikely that this is permanent
  • If you have a history of allergies, then this can prolong your swelling as well

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani