Is It True that Nasal Cartilage can be Reshaped with Products such as Nasofix?

Are products that incorporate heat and/or pressure (nasofix, noseright, etc.) effective in reshaping nasal cartilage. The various websites claim that, because cartilage is made up of ~70% water, it can be reshaped via constant pressure over a period of time. Is this claim correct (even if the results are only mild to moderate)?

Nasofix

+1

Hello, unfortunately there is no scientific evidence for this product. I also have an issue with a product that claims to provide a permanent change that is being sold to the public. It would be wise to seek the advise of a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. You will be advised of all of your options.

+1

Hi,

I doubt there is any validty to this. I dont think there are any clinical or scientific studies on this. Remember the human body is 70% water... that means that girdles should replace liposuction if the same logic applies.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com