Can a Nasal Bump Grow Back After a Rhinoplasty?

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty over 4 years ago which included reducng my mild dorsal hump. It seems like my nasal bump is starting to grow back although it's not as big as it was. Is this possible? Thanks for your time!

Nasal Bump Growing Back 4 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

A bony hump will not grow back 4 years after rhinoplasty. Either the hump was not totally removed or there is excess scar tissue under the skin. The fullness can be easily removed with a minor revision.

Nasal Humps Do Not Grow Back 4 Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Mal,

Nasal humps do not grow back 4 years following rhinoplasty.  You should consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon to determine what is going on.  You may have an epidermal inclusion cyst.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Can bumps grow back years after rhinoplasty?

+1

Most of the healing takes place within one year of rhinoplasty. Sometimes when a bump is removed part of it may come back from scar tissue building up or the healing bone, called a callus, may not totally go away with healing. By a year, though it is rare that a bump can re-grow. Small irregularities may also become visible beyond a year as the skin "shrink wraps" around the nasal bones and cartilage.
Additionally, rhinoplasty will not stave off the natural aging of the nose. over years, the skin and cartilages droop, falling away from the bones and give the appearance of a new bump.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

You may have had more scar tissue than normal, but it is not a problem for the surgeon to go back and remove more by filing this down.