My Nasal Bones Have Shifted to One Side After Primary Open Rhinoplasty, is this Easily Fixable?

Had primary open rhinoplasty 3 months ago. As soon as the splint was removed I noticed a new bump on my right 3/4 profile. If I run my fingers down the sides of my nose it is evident that the nasal bones have shifted to one side, causing the bump. I Contacted my surgeon and was told that it can be fixed with a quick in-office procedure where the bone would be shaved down. However, how does this fix the fact that my nasal bones are shifted/deviated? I'm here to get a second opinion...please help.

Rhinoplasty Deviation

+1

It depends on how much deviation there is, versus just an overprojection of bone and / or cartilage. For a full deviation, rasping/shaving is unlikely to make a major difference, although can certainly help things.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Shaving can resolve issue, however....

+1

Malaligned nasal bones may require surgical osteotomies or repositioning of the bones, however it is true that mild assymetries post-operatively can be remedied by a non-surgical shaving technique as you described. Certain patients are candidates for injectables which can camouflage irregularities. True residual bumps may require a return to surgery. It is common that revisional rhinoplasty is necessary in up to 10% of patients. 

Peter Schmid, DO
Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

"Shifted" Nasal Bones

+1

I you're correct and the nasal bones have shifted, it will be necessay to reposition the bones. I cannot answer your question without pictures.

Nasal asymmetry after rhinoplasty.

+1

I would need to see photos of this to determine if you are correct. If indeed the bones are over to one side, they need to be refractured into the center.