Will Nasal Bones Set Together?

Hy, I had my revision rhinoplasty 2 and a half months ago. I've noticed that my nasal bones don't connect. I can't really explain it but it is almost like the top part of my nose doesn't connect with his sides. The sides stick out. Is it because I had my bones narrowed so it takes time to set. I thought it was just the swelling but when I press in I can feel it.I had this problem after my first surgery. I am just wondering if it's going to stay that way or my bones are not yet recovered?

After Nose Surgery Deformity

+1

A valid diagnosis and suggested treatment may only be suggested after a face to face examination. However, based on these rather blurred photographs it APPEARS you may have a "Inverted V Deformity" which is seen when the upper lateral cartilages are detached from under the nasal bones. If this is the case, it unfortunately NOT getter better but will become more visible as the swelling recedes. Its correction will need another operation.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Uneven nasal bone contour after rhinoplasty

+1

If your nose was narrowed as part of your surgery, then they were likely surgically broken to do this. Whenever you break a bone, surgically or in an accident, the bone forms a callus, a small bump, as part of the healing process. Generally, this decreases in size with time. However, it can occasionally be permanent. Sometimes a small steroid injection can help speed up the healing process. It is important to talk with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Another important aspect of rhinoplasty surgery is that there can often be uneven bumps that you can feel, however many of them cannot be seen. Rhinoplasty surgery is one to improve the look of the nose, not necessarily the feel.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon