Can nasal bones be broken a 3rd time for a rhinoplasty revision?

I've had 2 rhinoplasty surgeries and my nasal bones were broken each time. I've been told that I will need my bones rebroken to get the desired result. Is it safe to break nasal bone 3 times? It's been 9 months since my last revision and my nasal bones still feel sore when I wear my glasses.

+1

The nasal bones can be fractured again.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

3rd Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

It is possible to re-break the bones a third time (also known as "osteotomies" in medical terminology); however the better question is why is the area still not improved? I think that 9 months is probably too early to do anything again and I would recommend waiting and seeing an expert revision rhinoplasty surgeon as a second opinion.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Nasal bones in revision rhinoplasty

+1

The nasal bones can be moved during a revision rhinoplasty if they remain crooked or too wide after the initial procedure(s). They can often be repositioned without making new cuts in the bone.

William D. Losquadro, MD
Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon