Nasal Bone Pushed In?

I had rhino/septoplasty 4 months ago by a rhino surgeon. A different surgeon had scheduled me 3 weeks later to remove a small bump from the skin of my nose (benign mole under skin). I was hesitant to do it at the time and asked him if he was certain it was safe to put pressure on my nose, he said yes and then asked if the nasal bones were broken, yes they were. During the excision he scolded his nurse for pushing too hard. I now feel like the bone is pushed in on that side. Is this possible?

Nasal Bones Pushed In...

+1

4 months after surgery, it is unlikely that your surgeon was able to "push in" the nasal bone. Please consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon. If needed, this is not going to be a difficult problem to correct. you should try to avoid trauma to the area for at least a year...

Fragility of nasal bones after rhinoplasty - trauma to nose after a nose job

+1

Although it is unlikely that the nasal bones were still fragile at that stage after rhinoplasty, it is still remotely possible.  Discuss this issue with your surgeon so that you can have piece of mind. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Movement of Nasal Bone

+1

It is very unlikely that the surgeon removing the skin lesion moved the underlying nasal bone which is relatively stable 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

Strength of Nasal Bones after Rhinoplasty

+1

Four months after septorhinoplasty with osteotomies the nasal bones have plenty of strength to withstand slight pressure from a mole removal procedure.  I would not worry about it.  Good Luck...Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bones are stable 3 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

I echo my colleagues in saying that it's highly unlikely that your second surgeon or his assistant moved your nasal bones three weeks after surgery. This would have definitely caused you significant discomfort before the bone was ever physically moved. Since you don't describe this I find it unlikely. If you're concerned about the position of the nasal bone, please return to your rhinoplasty surgeon for further discussion.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bones will not shift three weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

By three weeks after nasal shaping, the nasal bone are fixed into position and it is very unlikely that pushing or pressure will shift them. If pushing was severe, like trauma, pain would be the tip off followed by swelling and perhaps a nosebleed. After four weeks, we allow full sports activity, so you should be OK.

peterejohnsonmd

Your nasal bones are immobile 4 months following your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concern. I don't think your nasal bones were affected by the removal of a mole from your nose 4 months following Rhinoplasty Surgery. If the mole was under the skin, as you describe, you may be seeing a depressed scar. If this is the case, you may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler treatment. You may want to consult your rhinoplasty surgeon regarding your concerns.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bones after four months

+1

After four months your nasal bones whouls be very solid and you should not worry that they were pushed in.  It is extremely unlikely unless you re-broke it!

Nasal bone pushed in.

+1

This second surgery probably did no harm since the nasal bones after a few weeks are so hard it takes a chisel to break them. 

Nasal Bone Pushed In?

+1

Very foolish on both your parts to allow a surgery to be done upon your nose ONLY after 4 months of healing. Seek opinion from the rhinoplasty surgeon. Do not be surprised if he gets upset with you. Why did you not check with the rhinoplasty doctor first??? From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski