Nasal Bone Still Has Bump on Left Side

I recently had rhino and my PS said that because I had previously had an operation on my nose to remove spider veins from one side of the nose near to where the bump is on my nasal bone, that he may not be able to correct the bump on one side as it will disturb the scar tissue is this true as my nose is still slightly crooked as he didn t touch that side? I was hoping my nose was going to be a lot better than it is, I still think its to big overall and tip is big also, disappointed 4 wks post op

Rhinoplasty Bump

+1

I'm not sure what you mean by "operation" for spider veins. Usually, a simple laser treatment is what is used and that normally does not cause a significant amount of scar tissue. The bump should normally be able to be removed, as long as, it is caused by bone. If it is scar tissue, that may be difficult.

Bump over Nasal Bone

+1

Be patient - you're only 4 weeks after surgery. Your  nose will change dramatically over the next 6-9 months. Then you and your surgeon will decide if anything further should be done.

Nasal Bone Still Has Bump on Left Side

+1

Four weeks after rhinoplasty much too early to decide on the result however, nasal asymmetry starts to show itself. Every face is asymmetric to some degree and once the nasal structures are refined, this problem resurfaces and it is more obvious than prior to surgery. Recommend wait for post op period to pass i.e. 9-12 months then you will be in better position to evaluate what needs to be done, if any.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Bone Still Has Bump on Left Side

+1

You seem to have many issues concerning the result of your recent rhinoplasty. I think a second opinion in person would help. Also write down these issues and discuss in an appointment with your surgeon. 

Nasal bump after rhinoplasty.

+1

You need to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon since you should be able to have the bump removed as well as the small capillaries, etc. done at the same time.

Nasal hump and spider veins are unrelated

+1

It seems unlikely that treatment of spider veins could have any impact on the removal of a hump on the bridge of the nose. Good communication is key and perhaps you misunderstood the explanation or cause of factors which would affect the outcome of your rhinoplasty. Things are not adding up and perhaps you should write down questions for your next visit.

peterejohnsonmd

Skin Scar Shouldn't Affect Rhinoplasty

+1

I find it unlikely that a past treatement for a broken vein in your skin should affect the ability to correct a bony deformity on the nose.  It is common practice to correct nasal bone deformities on people with scarred skin.  In fact, many rhinoplasty operations are done for people who have had terrible cuts to their nose simultaneous to breaking the bones.  What your surgeon has told you seems odd to me and I suggest you visit another surgeon for an examination and second opinion.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Importance of Being on the Same Page as Your Surgeon

+1

It sounds as if your surgeon told you before the surgery that there was no plan to address the bump that now bothers you.  While it is vitally important that we as surgeons make sure that our patients understand what we can and can't do, it is also important that our patients consider exactly what is being said during the initial consultation.  Failure to be in agreement prior to the surgery leads to nothing but frustration afterward.   At 4 weeks, you need to be patient and let your body heal.  Most of your concerns will likely resolve with a little time.  As for the bump, your best approach is to discuss options once everything has healed with your surgeon.  There are a multitude of treatment options available.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

4 wk post op

+1

At 4 weeks post op, it's too early to see your final results.  If there is a bump from scar tissue in the soft tissues, it will not be fixed with rhinoplasty.  However - the tip and overall size is something that rhinoplasty should be able to address.  I'd give it a little time before you get disappointed - the final result won't be apparent for a few months.  If you have any concerns, I'd recommend you see you surgeon - I'm sure he/she would be happy to answer all your questions.

Dr. Cat Begovic

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD