Nasal Bone Bent

Already asked this question in a way but wanted to post a pick as this is making me ill with worry. I had rhino 6 weeks ago and was told that the PS didnt straighten my nasal bone because of a previous scar that was in the area where the bone needs straightening, he said it would be difficult. I still have a crooked nose and also some dents have appeared on the skin where the bridge was rasped. The dorsal hump was removed but with what looks like one straight scrape, no refinement at all.

Nasal deviation 6 weeks following rhinoplasty.

+4

Dear Bucks.  Thank you for the photo and sorry you are feeling stressed following your rhinoplasty.

At 6 weeks following rhinoplasty there is still some swelling to go down and healing to progress.  However, the basic shape of the nose should be apparent.  Although your photo is not ideal, it does appear that you have a residual deformity.  The nose seems to demonstrate a C-shaped deformity with the upper half of the nasal framework (the bony vault) deviated to your right and the lower half (the cartilaginous vault) angulated back to the midline.  Osteotomies do seem to be part of the surgical strategy, and often other maneuvers are necessary to give a straight appearance:

•complete release of the upper lateral cartilages
•correction of any nasal septum deviations
•camouflage grafting such as unilateral spreader grafts
The irregularities on the nasal bridge can either be secondary to an irregular contour left in the nasal or cartilage framework or due to adverse soft tissue scarring.  Hard to determine this without a direct examination.  Please re-visit the situation with your surgeon and perhaps obtain other opinions as well.  You may well be looking at a revision procedure to try and improve things but bear in mind that obtaining a dead straight result when correcting a crooked nose is quite challenging

Sincerely, Mario J. imola, MD, DDS.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bone still bent after rhinoplasty

+3

What is evident from your question is that you are discouraged with your result after rhinoplasty. You may have misunderstood the explanation from the office staff and you should take your concerns directly to your surgeon.  There may have been limitations because of a prior fracture or rhinoplasty, or by a deviation in the septum though your surgeon is best able to tell you why. A revision can offer further improvement, though a wait of six to twelve is warranted.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Asymmetries can be diagnosed in thirds

+1

If you look at you nose in thirds, top to bottom, you can analyze your own asymmetry.

The top third (bones) is shifted toward your right.  Some day your right nasal bone can be brought in.   This is not hard and will not be limited by skin scars.

The middle third (upper cartilaginous vault) has narrowed, and this is because your bridge was lowered, opening the arch of cartilage that forms the lower half of the nasal roof.  Once the roof is gone, the sides can fall in; and because your septum is toward your right, the right side can fall further than the left.  That is also correctable when the time comes.

I can not see your nasal tip (last third).

The bumpiness can be corrected by rasping and/or placing a very thin cartilage graft over your bridge.

Nothing is hopeless.  Once you are healed, find a surgeon whom you trust and who is experienced in these types of corrections.  Good luck.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Deformity after rhinoplasty

+1

I would allow the edema to resolve prior to any revision surgery.  You probably will need osteotomies to correct the asymetric nasal bones and possibly spreader grafts.  Discuss this with your surgeon.  Donald R Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Nose crooked after Rhinoplasty

+1

From your photos your nasal bones are crooked had would require revision Rhinoplasty with osteotomies.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Nasal Bone Bent 6 weeks after surgery

+1

It will be too soon to do anything before 6-9 months after surgery. At that time you will have better idea what the problem is and can decide what do about it. So, I believe it is in your best interest to follow up with your surgeon as scheduled and be patient and do not allow this to bother you so much since you will have to wait eventhough the deformity is present now.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bone dent 6 weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

Rhinoplasty swelling takes at least 6-12 months to go down. It is too soon to say the "dent" is permanent.

Have you discussed your concern with your surgeon?

+1

The result of the rhinoplasty depends on the nasal tissue thickness,bonnie deformity and facial bone structure. If your surgeon has not achieved the result that you were expecting, he or she should know about it. If your surgeon could not or would not fix your nose,then you may want to get second opinion. I would like to see your before and after picture and not just the nose,but whole face. The picture you have attache is too close up and is not realistic view.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon