Will narrowing the nasal bones cause face to look "aged?" (photos)

Someone stated that narrowing the nasal bones will cause the face to look "sunken in" more, or more aged overnight. I was planning to have this narrowing done, when I book my surgery. But... As you can see, I already have lines in my nasal folds on my face. I'm 35. BUT if it's likely to get worse after having my nasal bones narrowed, I would rather leave the width as-is. Please be honest, and Thank you~

Aging affects of narrowing the nasal bones

I've never seen this happen nor have I heard of it happening.  Of course, along with narrowing your nasal bones, it will be important to adjust the tip accordingly

10565 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024

Will narrowing the nasal bones cause face to look "aged?"

I have not observed the nasolabial folds to be altered in hundreds of older rhinoplasty patients.  

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Narrowing nose bones

In my experience, narrowing the nasal bones does not have any effect on the nasolabial folds or "aged" appearance. Of course, if bones are narrowed when they don't need to be, or not narrowed when they should be, then the proportions of the new nose will be altered adversely.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

9495 Sunset Dr.
Miami, FL 33173

Rhinoplasty Candidate?

IMO, you would be better off to refine and narrow the nasal tip than touch your nasal bones. The refinement in the nasal tip involves the removal of a small amount of cartilage. The down time is minimal as there is little swelling or black and blue. The total cost is $4100 which includes the board certified professional fee, board certified anesthesia fee, and medicare approved surgicenter fee. Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

776 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052