Will narrowing the nasal bones cause face to look "aged?" (photos)

Someone stated that narrowing the nasal bones will cause the face to look "sunken in" more, or more aged overnight. I was planning to have this narrowing done, when I book my surgery. But... As you can see, I already have lines in my nasal folds on my face. I'm 35. BUT if it's likely to get worse after having my nasal bones narrowed, I would rather leave the width as-is. Please be honest, and Thank you~

Will narrowing the nasal bones cause face to look "aged?"

+1
   I have not observed the nasolabial folds to be altered in hundreds of older rhinoplasty patients.  

Narrowing nose bones

+1
In my experience, narrowing the nasal bones does not have any effect on the nasolabial folds or "aged" appearance. Of course, if bones are narrowed when they don't need to be, or not narrowed when they should be, then the proportions of the new nose will be altered adversely.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate?

+1
IMO, you would be better off to refine and narrow the nasal tip than touch your nasal bones. The refinement in the nasal tip involves the removal of a small amount of cartilage. The down time is minimal as there is little swelling or black and blue. The total cost is $4100 which includes the board certified professional fee, board certified anesthesia fee, and medicare approved surgicenter fee. Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon