Achieve Narrower African American Nose Through Rhinoplasty?

I would like to get a narrower nose if possible. Maybe something like the rapper Sean Combs (P. Diddy). Is this possible? If I can get a narrower nicer nose than this that would be preferable. I would like something at least this narrow.

Narrow African-American Nose

+1

Frequently the goal of an African-American rhinoplasty is to narrow the bones, the tip, and the nasal base. Consult with a surgeon who has experience with similar noses, with thicker skin and soft cartilages, to determine how much narrowing can be achieved.

Rhinoplasty to narrow African American nose

+1

If the patient has a very prominent dorsal hump, osteotomies will have to be performed to narrow the nose. Otherwise, the result will be a flattop open roof nasal deformity, which is undesirable. Any irregularities can be filed down at the time of the surgery. Tip surgery may or may not be done depending upon how wide the alar cartilages are. With most African-American rhinoplasties, Weir alarplasties are performed to narrow the nostrils.

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty for an African American nose such as this can be achieved by using a dorsal onlay graft and probably a columella strut to raise the tip. The dorsal onlay will gie a narowing appearance the strut will help with tip projection.

Rhinoplasty Surgery may narrow your African-American nose.

+1

You can achieve narrowing of your nose with Rhinoplasty Surgery. The major limitations in African-American Rhinoplasty are dealing with thick skin, and weak cartilage. In that regard, you may not get the degree of change that you want.

You should consult a board-certified Rhinoplasty specialist experienced in African American Rhinoplasty.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

African-American Rhinoplasty can refine thick skin noses.

+1

Usually the base and the bones are narrowed. This should be done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does many of these noses. The idea is to refine the nose, not change the ethnicity of the person.