Is It Possible to Narrow a Wide Nose Bridge and Define the Tip Without Grafting?

I have a wide nose bridge with a square base that widens when I smile. I'd like to narrow my nose bridge and tip and reduce the alar. My nose looks okay from the side so I don't want to raise the height of my nose with a graft. Is this possible?

Rhinoplasty is Possible Without Using Graft Material

+2

Yes, it is absolutely possible to perform these maneuvers that you have mentioned without elevating or increasing the projection of the nose with graft material. It would be helpful to see pictures to provide you with a more detailed assessment but a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic or Plastic Surgeon would be best!

Narrowing a wide nose

+2

It is certainly possible to narrow a wide nose without significantly lowering the dorsum.  Of course an in office exam is critical.

Rhinoplasty without tip graft.

+2

Yes this is possible but I would need to see photos or u to give u a proper answer. 

Rhinoplasty narrowing the nose

+2

Dear k9rm,

• Yes, you can define the tip without cartilage grafting
  • You can also define the tip with cartilage grafting (depending on the location)
  • Narrowing the nose is also possible
  • Your best bet is to visit a rhinoplasty surgeon when you are serious about changing the shape of your nose, all of your questions can be answered in person

Nima Shemirani

Narrowing a wide nose bridge and tip

+1

It is certainly acceptable to leave the profile alone and simply narrow the bridge and tip if that is what the patient desires.  It is certainly a common place to narrow the wide nasal bridge and leave the profile alone.  The tip is narrowed with tip suturing techniques along with cartilage removal.  Adding cartilage grafts to the nose will only widen and thicken the nose where they are placed.

Narrowing a wide dorsum and refining the tip with rhinoplasty

+1

It's possible to narrow your bridge (dorsum), create greater definition in your tip, and reduce the width of your ala - all without raising the height of your nose.  

Narrowing A Nose and Defining A Tip Without Elevating the Bridge

+1

The answer is - yes! It is certainly possible - in the hands of an experienced rhinoplasty expert - to narrow a wide bridge and define the nasal tip without elevating the bridge height. Some of this depends on how thick your skin is and what your nasal framework is like prior to surgery. But with good planning and technical execution by a rhinoplasty specialist, you should be able to achieve your desired outcome. 

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon