Is Possible to Narrow Tip of Nose Without Lifting Upwards? (photo)

I want the tip of my nose & bridge narrowed &smaller nostrils. Dr i saw said he would file down a tiny bump i have(im not that fussed about the bump) & he would lift the tip slightly. but I already think my nostrils show too much from the front. I think my nose from the side is ok, its the front view that bothers me. Also i dont like the lines on side of my nostrils. Can my nose easily be corrected without looking fake? Also if you look at the pictures, what do you think needs correcting?Thanks

Nasal tip can be narrowed without lifting it upwards

+1

It is possible to narrow the tip of the nose without getting alar retraction.  Look for a surgeon who performs natural-appearing noses so that it does not look like you have had a rhinoplasty.  The rhinoplasty procedure usually involves shaving a small dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge, narrowing the tip, and narrowing the nostrils if needed, all performed through incisions made on the inside of the nose.

Narrow Nasal Tip without Lifting

+1

Your tip and the nasal base can be narrowed without raising your tip if that is what you and your surgeon elect to do. Also consider the elevation of your columella. These 3 changes will decrease the apparent nostril show. Finally, I suggest you remove the slight convexity of your profile line.

Rhinoplasty

+1

There are techniques that may be done to prevent the tip from elevating.  Tip rotation does tend to occur with hump reduction.  Discuss this with a surgeon who is comfortable with rhinoplasty.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Refine nose

+1

Thanks for the photos but the angle of view affects how the tip looks from the lateral view.  An in-person assessment would help.  Certainly the dorsum can be modified, and the tip and be modified.

Can you refine the tip of the nose without rotation.

+1

The answer is yes you can.  However, I think you would benefit from a gentle reduction of your nasal hump.  If you refine your tip with no rotation OR hump reduction the refined tip will augment or enhance your hump.  I agree, your nasal dorsal hump isn't bad.  I'm not fussing over either.  However, again, I think tip refinement or narrowing may bring out the hump without either a subtle tip rotation or hump reduction.  See a Facial Plastic Surgeon who has a great reputation.

Best of Luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to narrow nose without lifting?

+1

All the things you are inquiring about are certainly possible. Whether they are the best choices for you is hard to say from these isolated photos and without a better sense of the final overall look to your face that you are trying to achieve. While not "textbook" aesthetic you appear to have a pleasing nose with individual character and should not have major alterations attempted. You need to have a consult with imaging  and be really certain that you and your surgeon are on the same page before going ahead.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Possible to Narrow Tip of Nose Without Lifting Upwards?

+1

Yes, in fact this is what aesthetically should be done.  Rotating the tip farther, IMHO, would make the nose appear too short.  Thinning the nasal tip and reducing the slight cartilage dorsal hump would be recommended during Rhinoplasty.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty.

It is possible to narrow your nasal tip without lifting it during Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos. It's difficult to provide specific information based on the isolated nasal photos you posted. But in skilled hands, you can have your tip narrowed without rotating it upward after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consultation with a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon would be of benefit

+1

What you desire is perfectly reasonible.  I would suggest a formal consultation to go over your concerns.  I would suggest you conservatively narrow your tip and lower your dorsal hump.  Seek numerous consultations with several surgeons.  Board Certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery, The American Board of Otolaryngology, The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery or The American Board of Plastic Surgery is advisable.  Warmest regards.

Dr. PIppin

Gregory Pippin, MD
Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can narrow a tip without rotation

+1

It is possible to narrow the nasal tip and limit tip rotation. Computer simulation can help you determine just how much.

peterejohnsonmd.com