Is It Possible to Narrow This Nose? (photo)

My nose is wide. It seems like it spreads on my face. Which technique can be used to narrow it? Will osteotomies be helpful?

Is It Possible to Narrow This Nose?

+2

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the nose is a bit wide.  The nasal bones appear a bit flat which can be a concern when performing osteotomies.  Short, or flat, nasal bones can collapse when fractured and may require an onlay dorsal graft/implant to create the desired effect.  The rest of the nose can be refined with a Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Is my nose too wide? Best surgical technique?

+2

With only a single view, it's impossible to give an adequate surgical plan. It appears that there is a depression in the middle of your nose. If this is correct, a cartilage graft on the dorsum would help, but narrowing the bones with osteotomies may still be necessary.

The nose must be taken as a single entity to achieve the best result, and not just isolate individual parts. What is done to the bones and dorsum affects the tip and vice versa.

The best idea is to see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and discussed the options he suggests to you. I do think that the appearance of your nose can be improved.

Best of luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing the Nose

+2

It does appear that the nose is a bit wide.  There are various surgical maneuvers to achieve a beautiful nose.  It would be nice to see a full set of photos.   The most helpful would be a consultation in our office where I can best examine your nose and go over your options.  I find computer imaging helpful for patients like yourself.   Thank you for your question.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is it possible to narrow this nose?

+2

it appears that rhinoplasty would improve your appearance. Exactly which techniques would be employed would depend on your overall goal. More detailed exam and photos would be necessary to give you more information. good luck

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I Narrow My Nose?

+2

Your nose can be narrowed but I need to see more pictures before answering your question about the need for osteotomies. Instructions re the views necessary for nasal evaluation are available on our website. 

Narrowing the nose

+2

It is definitely possible to narrow the bridge, and osteotomies will be necessary.  Also, your nasal tip needs to be refined, it looks bulbous.  It actually looks like you have had previous surgery on it, but you didn't mention it.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Narrow nose

+2

Thank you for the photo. Unfortunately more views would be helpful.  A nose can be narrowed in several ways. In-fractures can be performed on the bones to narrow them. If you have a low profile, a cartilage graft on the dorsum can give the illusion of a narrower nose as well.  Best to be seen in person.

Nose surgery/ narrowing the nose

+2

Your nose would benefit from reduction rhinoplasty. Osteotomies will help to narrow the bridge of the nose and reshaping of the tip will sculpture the tip. A complete rhinoplasty will definitley improve the appearance of your nose and add more harmony to your face. 

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Nose is narrowed with rhinoplasty.

+2

Hi.

It looks like you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty, but cannot give you complete surgical plan from single front view picture.  Osteotomies would be a necessary step, but your tip looks quite prominent also.  See a couple of experienced plastic surgeons.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Narrowing the Nose

+2

The bony pyramid can be narrowed with osteotomies to reduce bony nasal width.  If that is all you desire, that would be the end of it.  If you want the tip reduced, that could be done at the same time with a closed rhinoplasty (no external scars).