Narrowing Entire Nose Possible Without Changing Profile?

I have a straight profile, although my bridge is high. The front is wide, and my nose spreads and flattens when I smile, which I hate. I'd like a more refined, narrower shape from the front. I'd like a narrowing from top to tip, including flared nostrils. I don't want to lose my ethnic look so I'd like to keep my bridge high and straight, not slopey. I had one consultation and the plastic surgeon said he’ll need to shave down my bridge. Should I get a second opinion or can he do what I want without changing my profile?

How narrow you can be depends on your soft tissues, not just bones

+1

It is possible to do what you wish without changing bridge height.  However, based on the photos you have sent, I am not sure that your nose will narrow much.  In order to have any visible change, the surgeon must change the skeleton and the soft tissues have to be able to follow that change.  If skin is medium thickness or "fluffy" like yours seems to be, that may not happen.

Please see an experienced surgeon whom you trust and who can show you  results of similar problems that you like.  Good luck.

Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Limited Rhinoplasty

+1

You can have your surgeon narrow the nose without changing the profile. Be careful what you ask for. Over the years I've had patients make similar requests. When they looked at the final result, several had a change of heart and subsequently underwent revision surgery to lower the bridge.

Narrowing a Nose Is Possible without Changing Profile

+1

It possible to narrow the bridge, tip, and nostril base without changing the profile.  This involves surgically breaking the bones and repostioning them more medially, reshaping the nasal tip, and performing nostril base reduction.

Web reference: http://rhinoplasty-usa.com

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and a bump

+1

Usually to narrow the bones if you do not want to lower the height, you have to perform lateral and medial osteotomies. It is usually easier to move the bones in a bit with creating an open roof by shaving the dorsum a bit.  Narrowing the tip and nostrils is fairly straight forward.