Should I Just Narrow my Bulbous Tip or Combine That with Narrowing of the Bridge? (photo)

For better aesthetic results as well as for function, should I only narrow my bulbous tip or combine that with narrowing of the bridge? I also dislike that my nose loses any semblance of shape when I smile and seems to droop down too. I would like a result that looks natural, beautiful, and stands the test of time. I want to look like myself? Is this realistic? Thank you!

Should I Just Narrow my Bulbous Tip or Combine That with Narrowing of the Bridge?

+2

You can reduce the size of the tip and help with the tip plunge when animating.  The bridge does not necessarily have to be reduced to create aesthetic balance in a nose like yours.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bulbous tip

+1

Better pictures would be more useful , but......from what we have I think a tip plasty might be sufficient for you. Your bony pyramid is fairly narrow, however, it's hard to tell whether there is any bump ! Get two three opinions. Good luck.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Tip Work Enough?

+1

The only way to answer your question is through a more complete analysis of photos or an in-person consultation.   I cannot determine whether you have a dorsal hump and therefore cannot comment on the rest of the nose.  If the hump is reduced, then I routinely also narrow the width.  

Brian J. Reagan, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a prettier yet natural result.

+1

Rhinoplasty for a prettier yet natural result is possible if you choose a surgeon skilled in doing these kind of noses. 

Narrowing the tip in rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear eatmorekale,

1. Narrowing the bridge is often done towards the end of rhinoplasty surgery in cases like yourself
  2. We narrow the tip, and then if the bones need to be narrowed to match the new tip, we narrow them
  3. The important issue is making sure the nose you get will match the rest of your face
  4. When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty specialist who can morph your nose and address all of your concerns

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip is effective

+1

Without a good set of photos free of shadows, it tough to make definite recommendations. Your tip is bulbous and appears out of proportion to the rest of your nose. Tip refinement and treatment of your 'tension tip' with muscle release will likely be part of your rhinoplasty plan. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty: Tip, Bridge, or Both?

+1

Thank you for the questions and the photos. With limited views, I can't say for sure, but it seems like your bridge is fine.  Reducing and refining the bulbous tip, as well as providing some gentle upward rotation, will dramatically improve the appearance of your nose. With subtle maneuvers, you will definitely still look like yourself. In my practice, I strive to give patients aesthetic improvements that make them look and feel better, but keep you looking Uniquely You!  Best of luck moving forward!

#Uniquely You! #San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgery

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip

+1

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip involves a conservative cartilage removal as well as tip suturing techniques called intra-domal and inter-domal sutures. A full set of  close up pictures would be required for making a judgment calls on whether to do only the tip, or the tip and bridge. Most people have to undergo a full rhinoplasty, not a tip plasty. For examples of  bulbous tip rhinoplasty results, please see the link below

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

From looking at your pics I would have say just do the tip. However, it would help to see a profile shot. You can send your photos for computer imaging to see what your nose can look like. See video for bulbous tip surgery.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS