Will Smart Lipo Work for Me? (photo)

I am 34. I have 2 kids and I'm done. I'm 5 feet and weigh 125 lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 115. Even with diet and a private trainer, my stomach won't go down. My belly button won't come back in. The skin in loose and wrinkled. I am too scared of surgery to do a Tummy Tuck. Do you think Smart Lipo could help?

Tummy tuck vs. Smart Lipo

+1

From your photo and your history of having two children, I believe you are a much better candidate for a tummy tuck than Smart lipo.  The Smart lipo will not address the loose overhanging skin and will not tighten up you abdominal muscles.  I believe you will be disappointed with the results without doing a tummy tuck.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Smartlipo

+1

Typically Smartlipo can remove fat from the unwanted areas. It is best to have a consultation with your surgeon and get a better idea of what procedure fits your body type.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart Lipo as an option

+1

Hi, with the photo I'm looking at, a tummy tuck would be the correct approach to contour your waist.  Liposuction will reduce the size of the pinch of the fat but will not correct the contours- what liposuction does, you may be able to achieve at the gym and with diet correction.  Consider weight loss and exercise and then a tummy tuck when you are ready. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Candidate

+1

After looking at you pictures and reading your history, I think a tummy tuck is the correct procedure. You can try smart lipo but, you may be disappointed and need skin removal as well as repair of the stomach muscles.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD