Xeomin injected for my 11s lines caused the inner eyebrows to drop. Can this be fixed?

I was injected in 5 locations to smooth the 11 lines. What happened is, the inner brows dropped so it looks somewhat "spockish". Can this be fixed with additional xeomine? Where specifically should the injections be put...below the inner brow area? Also, how many units? Thank you!

Neuromodulators for the "11" lines

+2
Neuromodulators, such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin received their first FDA cosmetic indications for these "11 " lines, what your physician will likely refer to as your glabella. What you are describing is unfortunately not uncommon, the dreaded Spock. Some of that neuromodulator likely diffused into the frontalis, the muscle allowing you to lift up your forehead and brows. When the middle part of this muscle is inactive, it makes the lateral portions seem overactive, and less the lateral part of your eyebrow elevates, giving the Spock.

The good news is, it can easily be corrected. A few units of the neuromodulator of your doctor's choice in the lateral part of the forehead can solve this.

Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Dropped brows with Xeomin

+2
This can happen when the product diffuses into the frontalis muscle that is responsible for lifting the brows.  The effect should wear off in 4 months or some touch up Xeomin may help.  Photos would be helpful to give a more precise answer.

Peter Kreymerman, MD, FACS
Morehead City Plastic Surgeon

Brow droop after Xeomin

+2
Without a photo and map of where you were injected, specific advice is not possible.
It sounds as though you had a "V" injection. This creates the Spock look and weakens the frontalis, allowing the brow to droop. But muscle anatomy varies and it could be you had a standard injection but it was not exactly between your brows.
Go back to the doctor who treated you so s/he can see the effect, compare to treatment and plan how to avoid this next time. If you were treated by a nurse, I would see a plastic surgeon, dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon next time -- good results with Xeomin or any neurotoxin can take a a lot of expertise. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Xeomin for 11's.

+2
Xeomin is great for the 11's.  Unfortunately sometimes it can cause the eyebrows to drop if too much got to the frontalis (forehead lifting) muscle.  With time it will resolve.  If your eyebrows are arched like "Spock" then a few units above them will help, but you don't want to get too much or your brows could drop significantly.  I wouldn't recommend anything until 2-3 weeks have passed to see the full effect of the xeomin.  Lastly a few units to the depressor superciliaris can sometime lift the medial brows a LITTLE.  Best of luck.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Xeomin for the "11" lines

+1
If your browns dropped after injection for the frown lines between your eye brows then most likely it was not injected into the correct muscle.  The muscles that create the "11" lines between the brows work to lower the brows.  So injections into these muscles should actually makes the brows go up.  If the brown went down then the xeomin was injected into the wrong place.  The only way to "fix" this is to give it time for the xeomin to wear off.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Xeomin

+1
Hi Ro,
I am sorry you are having a problem.  I believe this can be modified, and we often do this on our own patients.  Nothing the matter with taking it all in steps a week apart.  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon