Where should additional Xeomin be injected to repair a "Spock" brow?

Hi, I had Xeomin injected to soften my 11s. While it smoothed out the wrinkles between my eyes, the thick part of the eyebrow lowered which made the end of the brows look raised. It looks rather severe and unnaturally pulled. Where should additional product be injected to fix this situation...the depressors? Do you know of any good injectors in Naples, FL? It seems no one can get this right but I'm not ready to give up quite yet.

Spock brow after Xeomin

+4
It sounds like the Xeomin was injected a little too high. You therefore are new having some relaxation of the mid frontalis muscle, which normally lifts the brows.  Some of this will require time to resolve, but in the meantime you can have 1or 2 units of Botox injected to each depressor supercilli muscle and 2 or 3 units above each lateral brow. This will improve the appearance of your brows a lot even though the depression in the midface area will not be completely corrected.

Mikan Lombardi is in Tampa and is excellent -- would you go there?

Spock Brow

+2
Hello Ro950, 

It definitely sounds as though you have very active musculature surrounding your brow.  This can be very common if not recognized at the time of the injection. 

Simply placing 2-3 units of xeomin into the muscle that can be seen pulling the outside brow up is usually sufficient to correct this. 

I would recommend seeing a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area.  Communicate to them that you have the tendency to get spock brow as well.   They should be able to accommodate.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Shadfar

Scott Shadfar, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin

+2
Hi Ro. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your eyebrows. It sounds like you may have really strong eyebrow muscles that keep wanting raise. This is something that can happen to anyone. In our office we can correct this problem by injecting one or two units just above the eyebrow. It is always best to take small steps when having this corrected. Best of luck! "Dr. Joe".

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+2
Your description makes it sound like Xeomin was placed too high. This is a common error that results in drooping (as opposed to elevation) of the inner part of the brow. A very small amount in the outer part of the forehead can soften an overly arched brow. You might also benefit from re-treatment of the area between your brows to actually lift that portion of the brow. I cannot make any personal recommendations for physician injectors in Naples but searching RealSelf is a great place to start. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox-caused "Spock" Eyebrow

+2
Sorry this has happened.  Usually just a few units of xeomin/botox above the area of brow arching 1-2 centimeters into the frontalis will usually address this.  A few units the medial brow depressors can be helpful for the sagging portion of your medial eyebrow area.  Best wishes.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Spock brow after Xeomin

+2
In most cases, I would say that the best method to improve a "Spock" brow is to put a little more Xeomin above the outer brows to lower them a bit.  It would be helpful to examine you to determine the exact problem, which would determine the best treatment option.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon