I found the Doctor that I think is right, but now I have questions? (photo)

Hello, I have been thinking about Rhinoplasty for about two years now and I think I have came to the conclusion that I really do want this procedure. I have now gone to three surgeons and I think I found the one. He says I don't have the thickest of skin but it is between thin and thick so he will not be able to give me the refined sculpted tip as I may want. When smiling the tip goes down a bit. It is wide and bulbous as seen in the above picture. Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

I have found the doctor that I think is right, but now I have questions?

+1

An in-person consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is a great first step. Be sure to establish great communication with your prospective surgeon, as this will help ensure you obtain a result you are happy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your procedure.

I found the Doctor that I think is right, but now I have questions?

+1

Your expectations seem realistic and you have done your research and obtained families' approval - so go for it!

Rhinoplasty and Skin thickness

+1

Your surgeon gave you some good advice. You look like a fine rhinoplasty candidate and should do very well. Look at before and after photos from your surgeon showing noses similar to yours. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to refine a bulbous tip, wide nose with a hp.

+1

Rhinoplasty to refine a bulbous tip, wide nose with a hump. This can be done with a much more feminine nose. Choose a surgeon who is experienced and does natural looking noses.

Excellent Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1

Thank you for the post and the pictures. I agree, you have a larger nose and would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty (nosejob) surgery. There is a bump on the bridge, which can be removed. In addition, your tip is somewhat round and heavy. This can be refined and lifted. In terms of skin thickness, this won't preclude a good result. However, it can lead to a little longer wait before the definition of your new tip is seen. This is because thicker skin holds more swelling and can hide definition of the cartilage structures below. It seems like you've done your homework and are ready to proceed. Good luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photographs, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. I base my statement on the fact that you seem to understand that rhinoplasty operation can be affected by the thickness of the skin and that not everyone will can have a particular nose. The main goal in your surgery should be to create a refined nose that best matches your facial features and appears in good balance with the rest of your face. It seems that you have reasonable expectations. RB.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear newtay11,

Your photos suggest that your nose is somewhat wide and bulbous with a dorsal hump. If you desire a smaller nose with a more refined tip and flatter bridge, you may be a good candidate for rhinoplasty.

If your nasal skin is on the thicker side, definition of the tip of your nose will still be limited.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that your expectations are reasonable for undergoing rhinoplasty surgery. If your nasal skin is on the thicker side, it is true, the underlying anatomic definition will be harder to be seen through the skin. However, the drooping of your nasal tip with smiling should be able to be addressed. Please make sure that you see a board certified specialist who can assist with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

+1

The hump can be reduced and the tip can be refined. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA