Post-Op lower eyelid massage technique? (photo)

This may sound like a dumb question but I really want to make sure I'm doing this right. It's been a month since surgery and I've been given the go ahead to try massage along with my taping routine. What is the technique for post operative lower eyelid massage? What kind of pressure should I use? I have a palate graft in place, so I'm terrified that I'm going to press too hard and damage the graft. My surgeon is a ferry ride away so I can't easily ask him.

Postoperative lid massage

+1

I usually tell my patients to massage upward so that the lower lid touches the limbus or the bottom of the iris. You do not want to distract the eyelid away from the globe or eyeball as this can make the issues worse. Good luck with your healing.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon