How to Get Rid of a Nail Scratch Scar?

I have a scar on my face from a nail scratch and it's been 3 months now. What can I do to get rid of it?

Management of scar injury starts with emollient and sun protection

+1

Any fresh skin injury of significant nature on the face should be consulted with a board-certified dermatologist who may recommend consistent application of emollients and sun protection. Depending on the depth of the 'nail scratch injury', the prognosis may vary. Most of the nail scratch injury is epidermal (involving top layers of the skin) and often result in post-inflammatory pigmentation which will require strict sun protection and hydroquinone-based bleaching cream. If the skin injury is dermal or below, one may consider multiple microdermabrasion, TCA chemical peels or laser resurfacing.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon