Bad tummy tuck? Do you think my belly button is normal? (photo)

Hi do u think I'm one of the unlucky ones who is in the category of having a bad tummy tuck? I've been reading a few stories now &thinking I could be one of them? Do u think my bb is normal? Is there anything tat can be done to correct this&life so would a revision help?. I'm just over 3months now, feeling kinda pissed off now to be honest, I had a full t/t, muscle repair&2hernias fixed, Many thanks

Is Belly Button Normal

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said 3 months is still not enough time to determine how your belly button will look. You need to be patient. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and ask that you be seen over the next 12 months to determine if you need a revision.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Bad tummy tuck? Do you think my belly button is normal?

+2

It is difficult to judge your result without having photos of your preoperative appearance. However you appear to have a nice, flat tummy with a scar that looks to be doing well. Your umbilicus is a bit prominent; this may yet change as the healing progresses. I recommend you see your surgeon regularly; you and he or she will judge the evolving result and decide at 12 or 18 months whether any revisions are indicated. All the best!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Belly buttons and tummy tucks

+2

Even though it's been 3 months, I would wait 12-18 months to determine the final appearance of your belly button. This allows time for all of the scars to heal and swelling to resolve.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS