How Soon After Lipo is It Possible to Gain Weight Back and Ruin Results? (photo)

I had surgery about 7 1/2 weeks ago, i have been slacking in a good diet/work out routine, due to the chaos of moving (I know bad excuse) is it possible to ruin my results after 71/2 weeks po. are ab work outs & running safe to do yet? my ps told me it was safe to work out 6 weeks po, but i didnt ask what kinds or work outs are ok, and will it produce swelling in my suctioned areas (abs,flanks,bra roll).if i swell how should i treat swollen areas? plus I gained weight in my face! is that normal?

6 Weeks Before Exercise Following Liposuction

+1

After 6 weeks, one can ease back into exercise following liposuction if there has been uneventful healing.  Any significant exercise will increase swelling temporarily.

How Soon After Lipo is It Possible to Gain Weight Back and Ruin Results?

+1

Dear, if you was operated, please take care of your weight, because it is not an slimming regimen, you must change your way of eating thinking only to eat healthy food.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

+1

ALWAYS best to see or call your operative surgeon for their postoperative EXACT protocols. And all your individual questions/issues can be addressed by him/her. The reason is we really do not know you or what was exactly done! Average time is 4 to 6 weeks to start exercises in a step fashion. As for these swelling issues best to seek IN PERSON evaluation. 

Liposuction and work outs

+1

At 7 1/2 wks after liposuction it is probably ok to work out, but it is always a good idea to confer with your surgeon.

Hello

+1

Working out 6 weeks post-surgery is perfectly normal. You are going to want to start off slowly since you been out of commission for so long. You will swell up, that is normal. If you are not taking care of yourself you will gain weight but it will not be in the same area and as much as before. The fat will go to other places.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Weight gain after liposuction

+1

Like your surgeon, after liposuction -

• I let my patients work out at 6 weeks - with a. 15 minute first first work out to be sure all goes well.
  • If they swell, they wear the post-op garment or other support garments during work outs and after.
  • Fat in new areas, such as your face, can appear quickly if you do not eat to your new post-liposuction shape. Go for it!

Hope this information is helpful

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD