Mylar and Brow Lift or Fraxel Repair to Replace Botox Treatments?

I can't decide whether to have Mylar and Brow lift or Fraxel Re:pair. I have good skin, but some under eye bags and one droopy eye. I use Botox for that, but want to stop.

I'm scheduled for all treatments, but is it too much and too painful? I have good skin. I'm 57.

Brow Lift to End Botox Treatments

+1

A droopy eye (ptosis) and eye bags are not normally treated with a Brow Lift. It sounds like you should be inquiring instead about Lower Blepharoplasty and possibly an Upper Blepharoplasty Ptosis Repair. Depending on the reason for the ptosis (drooping) of your eye, a Brow Lift may be appropriate. Only a consultation with a well trained plastic surgeon, Oculoplastic Surgeon with a complete examination can tell you which procedure is best for you.

A Fraxel laser (Re:pair) may be effective at addressing to a degree improvement in skin tone and decreased  fine lines, but a Lower Blepharoplasty will also be more effective in reducing your bags by manipulation of underling fat pads. Laser therapy will not address your droopy eye. Botox can temporarily help mildly raising a brow with minimal effects on the eyelid.

Each one of the modalities treat different aging problems.

+1

A browlift is simply to lift the eyebrows and soften the forehead muscles. Fraxel repair is performed to smooth out skin irregularities and discoloration. Botox treatments are used around the glabellar, forehead, and crow’s-feet areas simply to reduce lines in those areas. Each one of the modalities treat different aging problems.

These treatments are not designed for under eye bags

+1

The treatments you describe are not typically utilized for under eye bags, including Botox.  before having more procedures, I would have a frank discussion with your provider about what you should expect regarding results from these procedures.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Brow Lift and Fraxel re:pair, Kiss Good Bye to Botox?

+1

Hi Sondra,

If your "droopy eye" is your upper eyelid, you may have ptosis which would require a specialized blepharoplasty repair. If you are using Botox "for that", then most likely you have an eye brow that is lower on one side.

Brow lift should address your droopy brow. Fraxel re:pair will give you some tightening of the lower eye lid skin. Whether it will do enough for your bags is best answered by your treating surgeon.

It does not sound like too much surgery.

Fraxel re:pair is not painful at all post-treatment. It should not be during the treatment as well if proper anesthesia medications are used. Brow lifts can be tender for a few days following the surgery.

I doubt that you will have seen the last of your Botox treatments, but hopefully they will be less often.

Good luck.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Facial rejuvenation: various symptoms, various treatments

+1

Sondra:

First, it sounds to me like you need to have consultations with experienced, board certified plastic or ENT-facial plastic surgeons. They would give you a well- designed plan to address skin, underlying fat and muscle, looseness, laxity, etc. Your focus should be on selecting an experienced surgeon for the facial rejuvenation surgery and non-surgical care, rather than pre-selecting a method for the treatments. The entire professional service you receive is more important than individual steps of an operation. Search for quality, not features.

Second, the individual methods you mentioned in your post all address different aspects in facial rejuvenation. Re:pair is a method that generally gives mild improvements in skin texture with multiple treatments. Botox decreases excessive localized muscle activity. Browlift can reposition lax forehead tissues, improve over-active muscles, raise eyebrow position, and more. None of these methods addresses the under-eye bags that you mentioned. None address a droopy eyelid. (This might need the expertise of an ophthalmologist / oculoplastic surgeon.)

In short, start over at the beginning. Select an excellent surgeon for evaluation and on-going care.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

I don't think Mylar or Fraxel do much.

+1

Hi!

Unfortunately, a lot of treatments are marketed, and only a very few are safe and effective.

In Manhattan, we don't use Mylar or Fraxel because we don't think patients get noticeable improvement.

A brow lift is great for raising and shaping your eyebrows. We cannot say what else would help you without examining you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Not sure that any of these treatments work well for "under eye bags"

+1

I am not sure any of these procedures will work well for what you are complaining about.  Under eye puffiness can be complex but is usually a result of lower lid fat prolapse.  This is best treated by a lower eyelid blepharoplasty.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon