Forehead Scar From Accident On My 3 Year Old? (photo)

My daughter got scar due to not proper stitches on the accident day, which lead to wide scar size vertically at her forehead, can you advise me on the following clarification please 1-since the cut not closed proper at the beginning is scar revision now is better than waiting ? the scar is wide on size its now exactly like my small finger print size and shape.. 2- is general anesthesia is safe for her ager 3- what is best W plasty or V plasty for revision 4- how to avoide widen the scar

Scar revision in children for a scar on the forehead

+1

Many patients and parents may not want to place their children through a scar revision surgery and may thus opt for non surgical scar revision with a CO2 laser.  I would not necessarily place a 3 year old through surgery to revise this scar at this point. Surgery90210

Scar Revision

+1

To get the best result for this scar, it will likely need to be surgically revised.  Unfortunately the scar is already quite wide, slightly opened, and raised, all of which attract attention.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help your daughter. 

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us