My 8 Year Old Daughter Chipped Her Front Tooth Horizontally Pinhead Eposure of Root?

Is root canal needed? What are other alternatives? What is the risk? The other tooth is split vertically but root is not effected, what is the remedy?

Horizontal Chip on Front Tooth of 8 year old

+1

This question cannot be answered without seeing pictures, X-rays and examining the teeth. However, if there is a pinpoint exposure of the nerve, then the tooth will most likely need root canal, but not necessarily right away. Sometimes a pulp-cap will hold off the root canal until the tooth has matured some more.

New York Cosmetic Dentist