Do my wounds look infected? Or do these look like healthy scab formations? (photo)

I am currently 3 weeks post-op (breast lift and augmentation) and applying silver sulfadiazine twice daily after a wash with anti-bacterial soap. I had my 3rd post-op doctor's visit on Tuesday (the 24th) where the PS did not see any signs of infection. Since using the silver sulfadiazine after the visit some improvement is noticeable but still some issues remain. What is my next step?

Infected breast scars

+2

It does not appear so, but I cannot give you an exact answer without seeing you.  Make sure your plastic surgeon is following you closely.

BBA

+1
This isn't something that can be addressed via an internet forum.  You need to be examined in person.  You should follow the instructions of a BC PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Follow your doctor's advice

+1
You have a wound healing issue.  Listen to every word your surgeon says and follow their instructions exactly.  Non-healing or infected lift wounds when there is an implant underneath need to be taken very seriously.

I hope patients considering one stage lift augmentations look at your photos.  This can happen!  I hope you heal well.  But this shows what can happen when the procedure is done in one stage and there is a problem with the healing.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Open wounds after BA/BL

+1
I do not see in these photos anything suggestive of active infection. I do see that you have had some tissue loss and wound separation. It sounds like your surgeon is managing this properly. Your next step is to continue to follow the advice, and these will heal probably without looking different than if none of this happened. 

All the best. 

Necrosis after Breast Lift

+1

It does not look like you have any infection but you certainly have tissue necrosis. Are you a smoker or diabetic? Keep a close followup with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. You may need a debridement of that dead tissue at some point before it gets infected. 

Matthew Schulman, MD