My Wife Has Done Silcone to Her Breasts, 325cc, How to Get Rid of Scar Marks?

She has scar marks even after 6 months of surgery. Is there any way to redude the scar marks?

Reducing Scar Marks

+1

Hi,

Usually, surgeons recommend their patients to apply Scarguard within the first 10 days post-op but if Scarguard were to be used later on throughout the recovery process (about 6 months post-op) I do not think it will have the same effects.

Moreover, I believe that at 6 months post-op with the right scarring status laser treatment could be the best option to consider.

Without physical examination, it is hard to provide you with a solid advise.

That being said, I recommend that your wife should consult with her surgeon who knows the full details of her surgery and been monitoring her progress closely.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to both of you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Scar treatment after BA

+1

I recommend Scarguard to my patients beginning one week after surgery.  This product is over the counter and contains a steroid, vitamin E, and silicone to help heal the tissue.  Unfortunately with any surgery there will always be some form of a scar.  Laser treatments are also possible for incisions that have come in red or are raised. Your PS is your best source for information. I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Improving scars

+1

Scars will fade after surgery, but I would fully expect that 6 months after surgery they would be visible.  Some things to try to help them to become less noticeable are Vitamin E, Mederma, or silicone sheeting strips.  If the scars are thickened and raised there are some things that your plastic surgeon can do to help improve them.  You can even cut out the existing scar and try again if all else fails.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Improving darkened breast implant scars with Melaquin PM

+1

Hyperpigmented scars can be improved with Melaquin PM twice daily.  Pulsed dye laser can help treat thickened scars in addition to IIT.  I would recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your laser and topical cream options to maximize scar results after breast augmentation. Surgery90210

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How to Get Rid of Scar Marks?

+1

Scars from surgery are permanent. There is no way to get rid of them.

Scars that are abnormal-wide, raised, discolored--often can be improved.

Without a photo, it is hard to guess whether her scars are abnormal or not. Consider attaching photos if you wish to get a useful answer from us.

There are numerous modalities depending on the condition of the scars.

• scar creams
  • silicone products-ointments or sheets
  • steroid injection
  • laser
  • surgical revision

Have your wife speak with her surgeon for personalized recommendations.

Scar therapy after breast augmentation

+1

For my breast implant patients, I recommend Mederma to the scars 4x/day for 8 weeks.  Massage in the Mederma for several minutes for the best results.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Scars after breast augmentation

+1

Scars from surgery are permanent. Sometimes if the scars are not favorable, they can be revised. On the breasts if they are lighter than the surrounding skin, then they can be tattooed to blend in.

How to get rid of scars after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question. In general, it takes longer than six months for the scars to settle. The scars can be improved but can not be wiped out. There are non surgical approaches such as silicon sheats, maderma ect that may help and the surgical approach which is scar revision. You can ask her plastic surgeon for advice. Good luck

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Scar management

+1

I generally advise my patients to start scar massage therapy around 4-6 weeks after their surgery.   Application of sun-block/sun-screen is also very helpful as UV rays can negatively affect scarring.   Silicone gel strips also have a role with healing.  Please talk to  you PS for a scar evaluation and treatment plan.  Remember, it can take up to 12 months for any scar to mature.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

houston, tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation scars

+1

Scars can routinely take up to a year or longer to mature and fade. If the scars are flat and thin but just dark, then additional time will likely improve the coloration. You could consider laser treatments to also help with the coloration of scars. If the scars are wide or raised, then there are several options to help improve the scar. Massage of the scar is the most effective in my experience. There are many scar therapies (creams and gels) which may or may not be effective. Silicone gel sheeting has been shown to help with hypertrophic scars. And there is often the option of cutting the scar out and more carefully sewing it up. Your plastic surgeon will have some good advice for you since much of the decision making will depend upon a physical exam. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon