My wife did not have breathing problems before she had her rhinoplasty?

When she went back in for her 6 month follow up the doc said she had a deviated septum and wants to do surgery on it She does have breathing problems now Doc said she did not have one before the surgery and says it could have grown back that way? Could he have caused the deviated septum? Or could she have had it Before and he just wanted to do another surgery on her so didn't say anything about it at first?

+1

Patients can have breathing problems after rhinoplasty. I would not assume that the surgeon is just looking to do another surgery.

Breathing problems

+1

Breathing may be made worse with rhinoplasty depending on what was done during the surgery. It may be due to interal valve collapse as well as the deviated septum. Usually these are addressed during the primary rhinoplasty. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Nasal obstruction after rhinoplasty

+1

Without knowing exactly what was done at the time of surgery nor having any photos to view, it is not possible to comment on this scenario specifically. There are many possibilities, and it probably does not make sense to speculate. If you have concerns about what the surgeon is telling you, it may be a good idea to seek out another opinion on the matter. Best of luck to her.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD