What Can I Do About my Wide Nose? Will It Cost a Lot? (photo)

I'm 18 years old, I have and will always dislike my nose so I have decided that I want to get rhinoplasty to boost my self confidence. Although, with my nose type I don't know how much it will cost and I want to know more information about my nose structure ect. I will post some pictures down below so you can see my nose. My nose is very wide & even wider when I smile. I think the problem is my bridge but I do need a second opinion. Please help!!!

Ethnic Rhinoplasty - Bulbous Tip

+2

Hi,

It looks like you have a wide, bulbous tip and a dorsal hump that make your tip droop downward. This can be corrected by resculpting the tip and reducing the dorsal hump. Feel free to send your pics to the weblink below for computer imaging to see what your nose can look like after surgery.

Dr.S.

Wide nose

+1

You have a good profile from the side view. The whole nose from the front view is wide with thick skin. You will need a narrowing of nasal bones and nasal tip. Rhinoplasty can achieve all that. Although your nose looks wider when smiling, I think it will be less prominent after narrowing of the tip. In case it still looks big after rhinoplasty you can get an alarplasty (narrowing the sides of the tip).

The cost varies from area to area. Ask around, go to a few doctors for consultation. But please don't make a decision solely based on cost. Look for a good surgeon.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Nose Surgery for Wide Nasal Bridge and Tip

+1

Jennifer, looking at the photos provided, it does appear that you are a good candidate for cosmetic nose reshaping surgery. It looks like you would benefit from bringing the nasal bones in closer to create more definition along the bridge. In addition, your tip should be reshaped to provide a more narrow, defined appearance. In the hands of a rhinoplasty expert you can have a very nice improvement with a nose that is more balanced and fitting for your face. The average cost for this is around $6500-7000 in this region.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrow a wide nose

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. Based on the photos, I would agree that your nose looks a bit wide for your face. The goal of a rhinoplasty is to bring your nose into balance with your face. This needs to be individualized since every face is different, with the ultimate goal being to look like your nose has always been that way. This can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty.

With your nose, I think that the entire nose could be made more narrow. Your profile is quite nice, but the nose looks wide in the frontal photo. With a rhinoplasty, the dorsum, or bridge, of the nose could be narrowed as well as the tip. This could create a more refined nose that is proportional to the rest of your face. 

The cost of a rhinoplasty varies a bit, but I would estimate around $6000, which includes the operating room and anesthesia costs. I would suggest consulting with a plastic surgeon to discuss the specific options for your nose. Be sure to select someone with experience in rhinoplasty that you feel comfortable with.

Best of luck with your nose.

Jeff Rockmore 

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon