I am looking to get my wide African American nose done in December of this year?

I would like to do it internationally because of cost. I am uninterested in negative comments, or US referrals because I am aware of the risks involved in international surgery. I heard that Iran has the best surgeons for the nose based on how popular it is there. But figuring out how to get there has been a drag. I am open to Dominican Republic but they aren't well known for surgery of the nose and a lot of the docs have fatalities. Any suggestions? HELP!

Alar base reduction to correct a wide nose

+1

Thank you for your question. Here is an example of before and after pictures of what you might expect from alar base reduction to correct a wide nose.

Do your homework.

Best of Luck! I hope it works out for you.

+1

With certain rhinoplasties, I will perform them for $5000. I am not sure if that is within your budget.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Overseas

+1

As a plastic surgeon who has had to deal with the complications from cosmetic surgery performed overseas, I would ask you to reconsider. Maybe consider why the price is less than the average price here. I would recommend shopping around in the US first if you haven't just to get an idea of cost and the cost to revise your nose if you are unhappy with your international travels before going through with it. I charge more to take care of someone else's complication than to do it right the first time. In the long run, you get what you pay for. There are financing companies here in the US that will help you use your credit to pay for the surgery and then pay it off with interest rates lower than using a credit card. If you've done any research on noses, you know that swelling from a rhinoplasty takes over a year to resolve. You might want to consider the cost of flying back to Iran or DR for a couple of times at the last minute if you have problems. Good luck with everything and I hope you have a great result.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

It may be best for you to keep your surgeon close to home.

+1

Unlike many other surgeries, rhinoplasty surgery requires 5 or more post-op visits the first year of your surgery. It may not be feasible or advisable getting yourself into a situation where you do not have urgent access to your physician.

Hope this helps, and I wish you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good Luck - Dumb Idea

+1

Surgery out of this country is full of problems. It takes a nose a year to fully heal -- if you have a problem are you going back there? Few doctors here will deal with your problems. Iran --- are you kidding, This is a very bad idea. Charge it on your credit card and pay it off. In the USA you have rights and protections, abroad -- you are on your own.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD