If my weight is 260 lbs how much weight do you think I should lose before lipo tummy tuck?

Getting lipo tummy tuck flanks but lift

Look at a BMI chart

+1

You want your BMI to be below 30 so look at a chart on line and you will see how much weight to lose. Assuming you are about 5'4" you would need to lose at least 100 lbs.

Tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for submitting your question.

This procedure really depends on your height and weight, in your case the ideal weight should really be accordingly to your height. My suggestion is to loose all the weight you can to optimize your results.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before tummy tuck

+1

You know, it is all relative to weight, frame and other factors. At your current weight, I would have concerns about your underlying health status and medical clearance is required for all surgeries. Since you will need to see an internist in any case, I recommend that you do so now and begin a weight loss program. See how it goes and determine your own comfort level. It would be a shame to operate before you lost weight and then create the need for a second expenditure for more surgery.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Be at your ideal weight or as close as possible before having tummy tuck.

+1

Thank you for your question. It is always best to be at your ideal weight or close to the ideal weight before having a tummy tuck. If you have a tummy tuck while there is still excess fat underneath the skin the skin cannot be pulled tight enough and you will be disappointed with her result.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Weight and Tummy Tuck

+1

You should be at your ideal body weight before undergoing a tummy tuck or any elective procedure. Discuss this with your primary care physician as well as your plastic surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

The answer depends to some extent on your height. Most patients are better candidates at a weight of 200 lbs or below.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1

Thank you for the question. Best for safety and surgical results for you to achieve as close as possible to your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck or any other type of body contouring surgery.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I hope this, and the attached link, help.