If my weight is 195 and I want a tummy tuck and Lipo an the fat transfer to my butt. Do I need to lose some weight first?

+1

What I would recommend is definitely losing some weight and coming down to as close to your ideal weight as possible. You have not provided your height so we don't know what your ideal is. I am sure you can find it using standard charts. But in order to get the best result from a tummy tuck you need to be as close to your ideal weight as possible. Best of Luck.

Preop weight

+1

You will get the best results from tummy tuck surgery by being as close as possible to your ideal body weight.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Thank you for your question! It depends on what you look like, I'd need to see photos to better advise you. You can send photos privately to my email at drkhenry@drkimberlyhenry.com! Sometimes, it is really difficult to reach your goal weight, so surgery can give you a great jump start and bring you very close, if not to your goal weight. Best of luck!

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Better to be at your goal weight, so that surgery works best for you.

+1

In order to get the most from tummy tuck surgery, you should be close to your goal weight before having your procedure.

You may consult with board certified plastic surgeons to learn more about the procedure and pick the best fit for you, then continue to work toward your goal and actually schedule the procedure when you reach that weight.

If you had a successful abdominoplasty and afterward lost substantial weight, you would probably see additional or recurrent loosening. You wouldn't be as tight and toned as if you had done the surgery later.

Fat donor sites for your buttock procedure should still be available.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Losing weight before tummy tuck

+1

Although it is always good to be at your ideal weight before surgery, that is just not realistic for most patients. Therefore, the most important thing is that your weight is relatively STABLE. In other words, dont plan on doing the TT and then losing a lot of weight after- because the skin will get looser if you do that.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before TT

+1

It's a good idea to be close to your ideal weight before any body lifting surgery, including TT. You'll get a much nicer looking result, and the surgeon will be able to remove more skin than when you were heavier. Think of the TT as the reward for doing the hard work of diet and exercise!

Thomas Fiala, MD

Ideal weight for tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Ideally, you would lose some weight first. However, I have performed many body-contouring procedures on patients that were not at their ideal weight and they still got impressive improvements in their shape. Not everyone is hoping for the ideal result. Plus, most of my patients have gone on to lose significant weight AFTER their procedure. Discuss your goals with a board-certified PS who has special interest in body contouring.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Do i need to lose weight first?

+1

Absolutely.in fact, at your current weight your result will not be nearly as good as it would be at a lesser weight. In addition the safety factor is an issue since patients with higher BMI's tend to be higher risks in general. I would recommend consulting with your primary care physician to start a physician monitored weight loss and exercise program.

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Do I need to lose some weight first?

+1

If you are shorter than 5 feet 8 inches, your BMI is over 30 and that is a threshold above which the results are less satisfactory, and the complication risks approach unacceptable levels.

Your results will be better if you can get close to your desired weight before surgery. If you lose weight after surgery you may find yourself with loose abdominal skin, and you may lose some of the buttock improvement.

So my advice would be yes, lose some weight first. All the best.