Is my Week Old Tummy Tuck Scar Infected? (photo)

Redness along an incision does not necessarily mean infection.

+1

It doesn't look like there is an infection based on the photograph. Redness along the wound edges is normal. Nevertheless, have your surgeon examined it.

Is my Week Old Tummy Tuck Scar Infected?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after tummy tuck surgery. Signs of infection include:  redness, swelling, warmth, discharge and/or fevers/chills. Infection  is best diagnosed clinically; follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to diagnose, treat, and/or provide reassurance.

Infected or Not Infected

+1

Thank you for your pictures. It would be infected if it is red training class and has pain and swelling. It appears by the pictures that the incision is traumatized from the operation and slightly irritated. An exam will give you the final answer. Please see your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.

Good luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1

Dear Polly,

Thank you for your post.  Hard to know if this is infected or not just from a photo.  Also, not sure if the photos are of the same area but at different days.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon to be seen.  Infection symptoms are warm, red, tender and swollen areas.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Is my tummy tuck scar infected?

+1

Dear Polly

From what I can see in your pictures there doesn't appear to be a bad infection. There certainly appears to be some inflammation, and possibly some slightly delayed wound healing.

Please see your plastic surgeon for a check up

Good luck

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

+1

It's impossible to tell just from the picture. You have to call your PS and let him/her know what's going on.  It can be an infection but I have also seen patients get red like that if allergic to steri strips or adhesive from tape.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

+1

An exam will be necessary to determine if there is an infection.  I would see your doctor.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck infection needs to be treated right away.

+1

Hi.

Hard to be sure what is going on just from pictures, but it does look like you should see your plastic surgeon right away for evaluation of possible tummy tuck infection.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Infection Tummy Tuck

+1

It may be infested.  Quite frankly it does not look so good.  You need to have the surgeon look at it pronto and clear you for infection.  Also check your fever (temperature).  Is pain increasing?  Is redness increasing?  All these help you get an idea of infection.  See the surgeon.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon