Will my Waist Be Smaller Once Swelling is Down? (photo)

I am 5 weeks post op from TT and lipo. I am still swollen, but was wondering if my waist will get smaller after swelling goes down? I am still wearing a compression garment but i do feel like it isnt tight enough :( any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated thank u!

Waist smaller after swelling goes away?

+1

Yes, it is quite common for the waist to become a bit smaller as the swelling from a tummy tuck and liposuction dissipates.  Give it a few months.

Will my Waist Be Smaller Once Swelling is Down?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. But the waist will still be about the same, sorry. You will need Smart Lipo on the waist in my opinion after a few more months of healing. Ask your chosen surgeon. Best of luck. 

Depends

+1

5 wks after a significant surgery such as a tummy tuck, swelling can persist for several months.  It can also take longer if you become too active too early.  With regards to your photos, although your pictures can show what is happening on the outside, they cannot sometimes reveal what is happening on the inside.  By that I mean that your waist may have enough fat to make your torso appear more straight and vertical rather than hourglass and curvaceous.  But it also may be your own personal anatomy and body type rather than a function of the fat or as a result of the surgery.  It is difficult to assess that without an examination of your tissue.  

Southport Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after a Tummy Tuck

+1

It can take 6 months to 1 full year for the swelling to completely subside after a tummy tuck. Looking at your pictures you are still very swollen. Your garment may feel loose because your swelling is slowly going down. I would suggest getting into a smaller garment for more compression.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Swelling after a tummy tuck can take months to resolve

+1

Swelling after a tummy tuck can take months to resolve.  After the next 2-3 months you should see a very nice result from your tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://MarylandCosmeticSurgeryInc.com

Waist Smaller with Time after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice online, I think it is safe to say that your entire abdomen and waist line will appear “smaller” after swelling resolves and the skin of the abdomen/flanks redrape. This process may take several months and even up to one year to fully occur.

In the meantime, continue to be patient and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm