My waist has increased in size as compared to 2 weeks post tummy tuck. Is this normal?

I had a tummy tuck 6 weeks ago and my stomach is thicker now than it was at 2 weeks. Is this normal? I am afraid it is going to keep getting thicker.

Increased size after tummy tuck

+2

Sometimes the swelling or edema after tummy tuck surgery can last for many weeks, especially if you commence physical work too early. Because of the incision, the abdominal wall has nowhere to drain until the scar matures. A mild compression garment and patience should help.Also, make sure you are not gaining weight from dietary intake, a common phenomenon after tummy tuck.