Why Do my Veneers Keep Falling Off?

I had 2 veneers fitted on my front teeth almost a year ago, and I've had to have them reattached 4 times and the set re-made once aswell. I had the veneers fitted due to discolouration of my front teeth following root canal work when I broke them when I was 8. Why do they keep falling off??

Crowns. veneers. root canals.

+2

Dear Lorna: The reason the veneers keep falling off, is difficult to ascertain without an individual examination of your situation. However, if you already have root canal treatment on those teeth, the more appropriate treatment would have been full coverage Crowns. The crowns can actually be made metal free, out of zirconia which is white. The best thing to do at this point is to go and see a specialist, the Prosthodontist. Just look one up in your area. Best of luck,

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Why Do my Veneers Keep Falling Off?

+1

There can be several reasons why this is happening:

1. One has to do with the dentist's technique of bonding the veneers onto your teeth
  2. Another is any "pernicious" habits you may have like grinding your teeth (bruxing)
  3. Possibly the fact that you might have just really small teeth that don't have enough surface area to bond onto.

In order to determine which is causing the problem you're having, would require a dental examination. 

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist