My vagina doesn't look normal? Is there a problem? (photos)

No Problems

There is such a broad range of normal in vulvovaginal appearance. You have slightly smaller labia minora, particularly towards the posterior (buttock) portion of the vulva. This is ideal for some women, and actually the end result for some patients after labiaplasty. I would not be concerned about the appearance, but it never hurts to see a doctor, perhaps your gyn just for reassurance.

Normal Appearance

It doesn't appear that you have any problems. Your genital area looks normal, but please note that not everyone has the same looking structure. Some women have larger labia or have a more pronounced clitoris - these are all normal. As long as you don't feel any pain or problems with function, then you are "normal". However, if you are concerned please see a gynaecologist for a better assessment.

From your pictures, your external anatomy looks completely normal.  There are tremendous variations in the anatomy of this region from one woman to another.  If you have internal concerns about inside the vagina, then a pelvic exam from your gynecologist may be in order.  Best of luck. 

Melinda Haws, MD

Labiaplasty anatomy of the vagina

It's hard to say from your pictures, but at least from what I can tell things look normal.  For a better idea though, you might need to have a visit with your gynecologist to determine whether or not there are any issues.

Normal vagina anatomy

The anatomy of the vagina has quite a wide variation.  To determine if yours is within the realm of "normal", a consultation and physical exam by your gynecologist is recommended.  Glad to help.  

Ryan Stanton, MD