I'm Getting my Upper, Lower Abs, & Flanks & He is Also Removing the Loose Skin, but This is Not a TT. Is This Common? (photo)

I 55, weigh 190. My frontal view is narrow, my stomach protrudes like a basketball is in it. I am scheduled for pre-op next week and surgery in early November. What should I expect, will removing the skin complicate my case?

I'm Getting my Upper, Lower Abs, & Flanks & He is Also Removing the Loose Skin, but This is Not a TT. Is This Common?

+1

The operation may be a panniculectomy but there is little information to advise here. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

+1

Are you or are you not having a full tummy tuck?? Is a question that must be addressed. I can only think you "might" be having a lower abdominal paddle ectomy with liposuction???

Scheduled for November

+1

You have a situation where you have fat inside your abdomen which is why you have such a large bulge in your mid abdomen and this fat behind the muscles cannot be reached by the surgeon safely and thus it will be impossible to give you a flat stomach until you lose a lot of weight. Plication of the abdominal muscles will only go so far since the volume of fat inside your muscles will work against the muscle tightening he will perform. You also have some fat outside the muscles under the skin and some excess skin in the lower abdomen. This can be improved with removal of all the excess skin below the belly button and then stretching the skin of the upper abdomen downward. This is called a lipoabdominoplasty if it is primarily based on a liposuction technique or a traditional tummy tuck. I would recommend a lipoabdominoplasty on you but I would first require you to lose a lot of weight.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck is the Answer

+1

It is hard to figure out what operation was discussed with you. I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle plication.

Good Luck

Dr. ES

Pregnant appearance

+1

Hard to advise you as I have no idea what procedure you are scheduled to undergo. That being said, I would be surprised if a tummy tuck and muscle plication was not discussed. Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon