My Upper Eye Lids from the Crease to the Lashes Do Not Retract Back

and look especially large. One eye lid is bigger than the other one. My eyes feel tight. It looks like I am falling asleep. I also have puckered skin in the inner corners of my eyes near the nose. It looks like very wrinkled skin with folds. I cant look up. I had a very small lid crease before. I did not have any ptosis before the surgery. My eyelids pre surgery were very small. Its been almost a month since surgery. What can be done about this?

You should see an oculoplastic surgeon...

+1

You really need to have an oculoplastic surgeon look to see if it is ptosis. I usually recommend waiting 3 months for all the swelling and irregularity to go away. Sometimes ptosis can even improve up to 6 months after the treatment, but 1 month is too early to tell. But, if it is ptosis, it can be surgically repaired.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

We would like to be helpful but without photographs it is difficult to make concrete suggestions.

+1

Lorir

It definitely sounds like you are having some type of issue after upper blepharoplasty.  I think you may be describing a tethered upper eyelid ptosis.  This can occur if tarsal structures that need to glide for the eye to open and close get sutured to the orbital septum.  Without an examination, it would be difficult to confirm that is actually your issue.  If you are experiencing this there are two immediate concerns:  A surgeon that creates this situation generally lacks the understanding to diagnosis and fix the problem.  Second early surgery is needed to take apart the adhesions created at surgery that result in this tethering.  I strongly recommend that you see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon for a second opinion immediately.  You general ophthalmologist or your surgeon can make this referral.  If you want to self refer, the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website to help you find a well qualified surgeon in your area (asoprs dot org).  Good luck.