My Upper Eye Lids from the Crease to the Lashes Do Not Retract Back

and look especially large. One eye lid is bigger than the other one. My eyes feel tight. It looks like I am falling asleep. I also have puckered skin in the inner corners of my eyes near the nose. It looks like very wrinkled skin with folds. I cant look up. I had a very small lid crease before. I did not have any ptosis before the surgery. My eyelids pre surgery were very small. Its been almost a month since surgery. What can be done about this?

You should see an oculoplastic surgeon...

+1

You really need to have an oculoplastic surgeon look to see if it is ptosis. I usually recommend waiting 3 months for all the swelling and irregularity to go away. Sometimes ptosis can even improve up to 6 months after the treatment, but 1 month is too early to tell. But, if it is ptosis, it can be surgically repaired.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please post a photo

+1

Dear Lorir90

I agree that you need a second opinion regarding your postoperative result. Your description certainly indicated there are some issues that need to be evaluated, though some of your descriptions are contradictory and confusing. Photos would be extremely helpful with you both looking up and down and with eyes open and closed. Maybe a friend can help with this.

Having said that, its is quite important to have a second opinion quite soon with an experience ASOPRS trained oculoplastics surgeon.  I'm not sure that trying to have revision surgery only one month after  your initial surgery is the right choice or not.   It is not unusual for Oculoplastics surgeons to make early revision after ptosis [droopy eyelid] surgery for an overcorrected or undercorrected within a week or 2 of the initial surgery.  However, by the time you get to see another surgeon and have them see you and schedule a surgery, it might be 2 or 3 more weeks, and at that point, it may or not be counterproductive to operate so quickly. Usually we prefer to wait at least 3 months and sometimes longer.

However, you may be one of the few cases that surgery as soon as possible MAY be helpful.

I'm not sure if there are Oculoplastic surgeons closer to you than Syracuse,NY, but Dr. Thomas Bersani in Syracuse is a fantastic surgeon with a great deal of expertise whom I would recommend to you highly.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

We would like to be helpful but without photographs it is difficult to make concrete suggestions.

+1

Lorir

It definitely sounds like you are having some type of issue after upper blepharoplasty.  I think you may be describing a tethered upper eyelid ptosis.  This can occur if tarsal structures that need to glide for the eye to open and close get sutured to the orbital septum.  Without an examination, it would be difficult to confirm that is actually your issue.  If you are experiencing this there are two immediate concerns:  A surgeon that creates this situation generally lacks the understanding to diagnosis and fix the problem.  Second early surgery is needed to take apart the adhesions created at surgery that result in this tethering.  I strongly recommend that you see a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon for a second opinion immediately.  You general ophthalmologist or your surgeon can make this referral.  If you want to self refer, the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website to help you find a well qualified surgeon in your area (asoprs dot org).  Good luck.