What to Do About my Upper Body? Tummy Tuck, Lipo, and Arm Lift? (photo)

I lost nearly 80 lbs. a while back and think I need a tummy tuck, arm lift, and maybe lipo. I have stretch marks all over my upper body, and I've tried upper body work outs and nothing seems to give me the satisfaction. It seems that most of my stretch marks can be cut out due to them being in loose skin sections. Any help?

Body Contouring

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss. Based on your photographs and description, you would benefit from body contouring procedures probably done in stages. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to review your options.

Tummy tuck and some lipo will address your concerns

+2

A tummy tuck will remove most of the excess skin from you lower abdomen while liposuction of your lower back/flanks will give you a smaller waist. I can't evaluate your arms based on these photos alone so I'm not sure a brachioplasty (arm lift) is needed. I would consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to see which combination of procedures is best for your specific case. You may also consult with your primary care physician before to ensure that you are a good candidate.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Upper body after weight loss

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss.  We see more and more patients who have lost a significant amount of weight and wonder what can be done about extra skin.  Unfortunately, working out and building muscle will not tighten skin.  External approaches such as thermage will also not effectively tighten skin in situations such as yours.  I think it is likely that a tummy tuck will be very helpful in tightening your abdominal skin.  Arm tightening can also be done.  I would recommend making an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can be evaluated properly and be given good options.

From the photos you included, you would enjoy the benefits of body contouring surgery to the areas you mentioned.

+2

Thank you for your question and the photos.

Yes, judging from the photos you included, you would enjoy the benefits of body contouring surgery to the areas you mentioned.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Loose Skin After Weight Loss

+2

Congratulations. You must have worked very hard to achieve your weight loss. It is unfortunate that skin doesn't cooperate after that process. We see the same complaints about the skin excess in all patients that undergo massive weight loss. There are quite a variety of procedures designed to improve those problems and the choices vary from one patient to the next. I think you need to start by getting a consult or two from experienced surgeons that do a lot of those type of procedures so a plan can be created to suit your needs. Even though muscle development does not help the skin at all, don't stop your healthy lifestyle

Excess skin after weight loss

+1

I believe you would benefit from body contouring including a lower body lift.  It is difficult to see your arms in the photos enough to recommend a brachioplasty.  See a Board certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.