Why Does my Upper Abdomen Still Protrude 9 Months Post Op? (photo)

It’s been 9 months since my surgery and I still have all this skin hanging, It’s very uncomfortable to wear jeans, slacks, skirts or anything that is a little tight because my stomach/upper abdominalfolds in half and it forming a parallel line.remove3lbs from my stomach and 1lb from each arm when I’m at work or sitting on my couch I have to stick my hand through my clothes and press it between my rib cage for a few minutes to alleviate the pain because it does hurt and it’s uncomfortableplease help!

Liposuction does not solve all of the issues. You probably need an tummy tuck to take care of the loose skin.

+1

Liposuction is a good way to remove excess fat, but not a good solution to excess skin.  I would recommend that you contact a good plastic surgeon to discuss a tummy tuck.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Loose skin of abdomen, and how to correct it.

+1

Thanks for your question.

based on your history and pictures, it seems that you may have had massive weight loss.

Patients who have great deal of skin excess would be best helped with removal of skin and fatty tissues.

This can be accomplished with extended tummy tuck and liposuction.

In some cases a vertical removal of skin may be the answer to remove this degree of skin excess in upper abdomen and to improve the waistline.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Unsatisfactory Surgical Results

+1

It is hard to give you good advice not knowing exactly what procedures were performed. However, it is clear that you do have excess skin with some loss of elasticity and that skin/ subcutaneous tissue excision  will be necessary to improve results of your surgery.

Please make sure you're working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Concern about results from surgery

+1

You need to provide more information about exactly what was performed on you as well as more explicit photos before some sort of informative answer can be given. Clearly you still have lax skin which needs/needed to be addressed. Age, maximal weight loss, procedures performed and present weight would be very helpful in order to assist you regarding your questions.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Hanging skin after surgery

+1

You did not specify what exactly you had done.  Arm lift( brachiplasty)? and a tummy tuck?  As for your arms, you more than likely could use more skin excision.  AS for the abdomen it is hard to say just from that photo. Remember there is always some rebound laxity for patients with poor skin quality.  Furthermore, it will never be tight like you can bounce a quarter off the skin.  In that case you would probaly not be able to stand up straight.

Abdominoplasty vs. liposcution vs. exercise and diet

+1

It is impossible to answer your post fully without knowing what you started with and exactly what surgery you had. I suspect you had excess fat and skin and only had a liposuction procedure. That does not get rid of the excess skin and you will need an abdominoplasty to get rid of the excess skin visible in your posted photos.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Abdominal protrusion after weight loss

+1

We can't tell from your photos if you have had a tummy tuck, and you don't fill us in entirely about weight loss, though the skin excess is consistent. Given the amount of weight and shape of your body, a body lift might involve a vertical abdominal scar as well to narrow the waist and hip. With still hanging skin, there is more to consider.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Liposuction and loose skin

+1

When I look at your pictures I thought I think your problem is more a problem of skin and fat. I also wonder if you are a weight loss patient becaus your skin tone appears to be weak.

I think skin excision is the answer to improve your contour.

Wendell Perry, MD