What Can Be Done About my Uneven Eyes/face? (photo)

I noticed it first when i was 11 or 12. I was in a summer camp and we all had to take individual pictures, when we all got our pictures back, mine quite literally looked like a Picasso painting. Since then, its been plaguing me in all most every photo and every single video. I'm a singer/performer and this is it's really messing with my confidence. I'm not expecting a simple fix, but I just want answers.

Facial asymmetry

+1

It appears you have some facial asymmetry.  This is very common but you do seem to have a smaller or hypoplastic left side of your face.  If you came to me for a consultation I would not recommend surgery as I think this is a mild case.  However if you insisted I would recommend fat grafting to the left cheek/ jawline.

Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

What Can Be Done About my Uneven Eyes/face?

+1

Aestheically speaking, from the photo provided, the entire left side of the face is shorter and more flat than the right.  This is how the two sides, of the face form and some degree of this asymmetry exists in all faces.  If you would like to aesthetically improve your face, you could have filler (I prefer Perlane) to the left cheek to make it more prominent.  You might also consider a Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant to balance the entire lower face and Radiesse to augment the Jaw Line.

A video of a patient receiving Perlane to augment the Cheeks along with Radiesse to augment the Jaw Line appears below.  Lastly, you might consider a hairstyle that de-emphasizes the forehead width.  Hope this helps and no, you are not imagining things.  The difference is there.  

Asymmetrical face

+1

Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetries.  It appears yours are only quite mild and within normals.  No surgery needed

Asymmetry of the face

+1

Everyone has some asymmetry of the face, and most find the asymmetry more interesting than a face made of one side and its mirror image.

Asymmetries in the face are normal and make the face look much more interesting than a perfectly symmetrical face

+1

It is important to realize that everyone's face is asymmetrical and that, in fact, is what makes the face interesting to look at.  Also, not every imperfection in the face can be surgically corrected. You have a perfectly well proportioned face and I would not recommend any correction.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Modest asymmetries of the face are the rule rather than the exception and are not deserving of surgery.

+1

The picture demonstrates the face asymmetrical is one would expect in anyone. Any modest asymmetry should not be treated by an operation.

Eye and Facial Asymmetry Correction

+1

Although I can appreciate your concerns, there is considerable asymmetry from one side of the face to the other in everyone.  There is nothing particularly offputting about your countenance, and the moving one eye up to meet another is not a surgery I would recommend.

Options to help with uneven face/eyes.

+1

Perhaps other views of your face or seeing you in person would give additional information, but I do not see any glaring asymmetry with your face or eyes.  It's difficult to tell from your picture, but one eye might be slightly lower than the other.  Most people's faces are not completely symmetric, but I do not see anything on your face that would warrant surgical change.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon