What Can I Do About My Uneven Breasts?

I'm 21 years old, i have very uneven breasts. My left is a size Bcup cup when the right is a Dcup. This has always affected my self esteem, i want to fix them but don't know what procedure would be best for me. I was thinking of making them even by implants, or maybe something that will make them look natural. I thought of reducing the right one to Bcup size but then the right one will look perky and the left will be left looking saggy. I want something done what can i do?

Uneven Breasts, Breast Asymetry is very common and can be corrected

+2

Breasts are rarely if ever perfectly symmetrical-it is very normal to have some asymmetry between the two breasts.

A small Breast Asymmetry rarely requires correction and Breast Augmentation with equal sized and shaped Breast Implants is usually done. Placing different sized Breast Implants to correct a small asymmetry will create more asymmetry because of the different shape of different sized implants.

However in your situation with one or more cup size difference and significant asymmetry more than just Breast Augmentation will be needed to achieve a symmetrical result.

Most commonly the larger breast will be reduced and lifted to match the smaller breast. Symmetrical Nipple Areola position is key to Breast Symmetry. This is achieved by lifting the nipple surgically to a point on the chest which matches the smaller breast.

If you want the smaller breast to be larger, then both the smaller breast and the lifted breast can also be augmented with Breast Implants.

If the Nipple Areola on the smaller breast is much smaller than on the larger breast, the Implant will in time stretch the Nipple Areola and the Breast Lift or reduction on the larger side can reduce the larger Nipple Areola to match the smaller side.

These are more complex procedures than a simple Breast Augmentation. Consult at least two Plastic Surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and be certain to ask if they have a lot of experience in dealing with Breast Asymmetry. Surgical skill and experience are very important.

What Can I Do About My Uneven Breasts...

+1

Asymmetry is very common in women and can cause a great deal of self esteem issues. There are different solutions available to achieve more symmetrical breasts and it depends on several factors such as droopiness and the size you wish to achieve.  The easiest thing to do is to place two different size implants.  However, if the shape and position is significantly different between the two breasts, then a reduction and or lift may be needed.  The first step is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with significant experience in uneven breast surgery.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of breasts

+1

Thank you for your question. I understand your frustration. It can't say what you specifically will need without at least seeing a photo, but typically correction of significant breast asymmetry involves some combination of reduction, lift, and/or implants on one or both sides.  See a Board-certified plastic surgeon in your areas for a full evaluation. Also, you are young and it is likely that you will need your breast redone at some point in your life.

Good Luck!

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Uneven breast correction

+1

You have several options. You can increase the size of the smaller breast to match that of the other one and then do an uplift on that one to further match the shape. Or, you can reduce the size and alter the shape of the larger breast. I try and explain all the options and let my patients decide what would be best for them.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breast

+1

that is possible to make them look better, with balance breast surgery. based on your goals in term of breast size, you would face with different options. remember that you start with a significant asymmetry and you will end up with a asymmetry but the goal is to make them look like each other as much as possible and proportionate with the rest of your body. don't get disappointed if you notice that you need more than one surgery.

good luck

M. Ryan Khosravi, MD

Correction of Congenitally Uneven Breasts

+1

Hi there-

Please be encouraged that it will be possible for you to eventually have lovely and symmetric breasts.

Without examining you, it would be hard to make specific recommendations, other than to say that your safety and happiness will critically depend on who does your surgery.

Spend the majority of your time researching surgeons- once you're in the right hands, the other details will take care of themselves.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Asymmetric Breast

+1

Asymmetric breast are more common than you probably realize and can range from minor differences in volume to major differences where one is large and saggy, and the other small and sometimes underdeveloped.  The options for treatment really encompass all possible breast procedures and often a combination of different procedures.  Perfect symmetry is almost never attainable, but your breast can be made to be fairly equal.  Often with time, additional surgeries may be necessary as the breast may stretch and sag at different rates.  Your best first step would be to make a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon experienced in dealing with breast asymmetries.

Good luck

Donald Griffin, MD

Fixing breast asymmetry

+1

You have a few options available to you including reducing the right and lifting the left and placing implants in one or both breasts (a larger one in the smaller breast). You do not have to worry about drooping on the left if the right is reduced because a breast lift will take care of that. You need to know that women who get an implant only one side for asymmetry have a high rate of being unhappy with the result no matter how good it is. They go into this expecting both breasts to end up looking the same but that is impossible with an implant in only one breast.

The format of this forum is inadequate to meet your needs and you need to meet with a few surgeons for face to face consultations so you can make an informed decision of how to proceed.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Addressing considerable asymmetries of breasts

+1

Photos would be very helpful in delineating your situation. Asymmetries of the breasts are essentially the norm while symmetry if not very common. You appear to have more than a small amount of difference of your breasts. This can be managed in a variety of ways (depending on your true appearance) that may include an augmentation on the left side and a reduction on the right .. but there may be many other combinations of techniques/approaches.

Your best bet would be to see one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area - and then make a decision based on the information. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Options for breast asymmetry

+1

There are many options ot make the breast volumes closer.  You can hve the larger one reduced or the smaller one enlarged.  It rellay depends on your goals.