What Can I Do About my Undereye Area? (photo)

Dear all, I'm 26 and recently, in the last 12 months, my eyebags are becoming worse and worse. Just look at my right eye! It's worse when I smile. Do I need surgery? If not, what do you recommend?

It looks like fat prolapse

+1

Some people develop fat prolapse into their lower eyelids as young as 20. Some doctors would suggest camouflaging with Restylane filler below the bag. But it must be repeated every 9 months to one year with a chance of complications each time it is done. A transconjunctival blepharoplasty removes the excess fat from inside the eyelid. Some patients can benefit from this even in their twenties. A small dose of Botox in the lower eyelid can also smooth the wrinkles that occur when you smile.

Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.