I Had My Ultherapy Done on Friday and my Face is Super Swollen Along with Major Numbness on Rightside. Is This Normal?

How long will it take to resolve? I would love some feedback. I was told it would go down in hours. Thank you for your help.

Temporary swelling after Ultherapy

+1

Swelling and an occassional decrease in sensation may occur following an Ultherapy session.

Perhaps your physician felt that you needed more lines on your right side, causing this side to have more edema and subsequent numbness. This should resolve within two weeks. Ensure that you keep your follow up visit with your physician.

Toronto Dermatologist

Complications from ultherapy skin facial lifting / tightening are very rare

+1

Swelling occurs during the treatment and often goes away very quickly but rarely can last several days. Numbness is not impossible, but the extent is minimal usually and self-limiting as per the company's reports.Please address your concerns with the doctor who treated you.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html

Ultherapy Side Effects

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling for a few days, or tingling/tenderness to the touch for a few weeks following the procedure, but these are mild and temporary in nature. Since you had the treatment only a few days ago, I would give your body more time to heal and let the swelling go down. Best of luck.

Swelling and numbness can occur after Ultherapy but they are vey temporary

+1

Swelling can occur after Ulthera but it is usually not excessive and is very temporary.  It can last couple of days.  Temporary numbness is not uncommon.  There have been no reports of permanent numbness.  To improve the swelling, keep your head elevated on a couple of pillow while you sleep.

Swelling and Numbness after Ultherapy

+1

It is unusual to have a lot of swelling after ultherapy, most patients have a healthy post-treatment edema that develops immediately after the treatment and can last for a few days.  I have had a few patients become more swollen than expected, but this is no cause for concern as it is temporary and it will resolve.  The swelling may take 2-7 days to resolve depending on the severity.  Limit your salt, sleep at a 45% angle, and ice periodically to relieve the swelling faster.

Numbness is more common on the neck skin and is also temporary.  The company states that there have been no cases of permanent numbness from the procedure, if the correct protocol is followed.  The swelling you are experiencing is likely making the numbness sensation worse. 

Chicago Dermatologist