Two ruptures from saline breast augmentation: Should I now try gel implants and what size should I stick around?

Breast aug 9 yrs ago cut nerve, damage to lft breast during bad surgery.7 yrs later pain all 7 years in lft breast then ruptured. Diff Dr. 1.5 yrs ago fixed,replaced,scraping and cleaning of damage & scar tissue was done. I have bottomed out on same side again 2 days ago, slow leak or? Top part of breast flat ,saggy ,bag on bottom. Last fill 400cc lft & 410 rt mentor rnd mod prof saline. What would be the best for my situation can i go bigger as well or not a good idea? 5.5" & 115 lbs. Thanks

Revision breast aug surgery can be challenging so find someone you comfortable with to move forward!

+2
In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Deflation

+1
Most patients who have a saline implant deflation will opt to have both replaced as the "other" implant can theoretically deflate at any time which would result in another surgery. In my experience most patients with saline deflations opt for silicone replacement implants to avoid this problem in the future. If you want to have both implants replaced, this would be the time to change size of the implant. Hope this helps. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision

+1
Given your history of saline implant rupture, I agree with you that you would be a better candidate for form stable silicone implants.  The risk of a rupture or deflation would be significantly lower than with saline implants.  With regard to what size would be best for you, this can only be determined after a physical exam.  Be certain to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in breast augmentation.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon