My Tummy Tuck Procedure Was Done on December 14, 2012. My Belly Button Discharge and Has White Skin Around It? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post op and I still can not stand up all the way straight. My belly button discharges and still has this sort of white skin that is not healed yet and my stitches look different sort of crooked. Are my stitches supposed to be in a straight line like I have been seeing some pictures online? Before my surgery I had terrible stretch marks from having my son and a nasty stretched out stomach. I'm happy with my results so far I'm just wondering are my stitches supposed to be straighter?

Early results after tummy tuck

+2

You definitely need to allow more time for healing before determining the final result. Are you using a scar cream or ointment for the scar to optimize scar outcome? You should talk to your plastic surgeon about what measures you can take to assure the best outcome of your scar and overall contour You should also address your question about the belly button healing with your surgeon. Sometimes this problem is superficial and may respond to topical treatment. Sometimes there is a deeper, more serious issue. Your surgeon should check to see whether this is not a big deal or important - cannot tell by looking at a photograph.

Tummy tuck incision at two weeks

+2

Two weeks following a tummy tuck, it can be normal for the incision to be a little asymmetric from side to side.  This can result from one side being slightly tighter than the other.  If it does not resolve with time it is often easy for your surgeon to touch this up.  The discharge around your belly button is likely the result of some of the belly button incision healing slower than usual.  If is becomes red, swollen, tender, has a foul odor or funny looking discharge contact your surgeon immediately to begin antibiotics.  Good luck.

The incision position may improve somewhat with time

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Much of incision line symmtery is based on the design of the abdominoplasty.  If designed and executed with symmetry it will be even and symmetric from one side to the other.  At 2 weeks it may be that there are slightly asymmetric tensions on the closure and the incision line is irregular because of this.  If this is the case some improvement can be seen with healing as the tension forces equilibrate.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

2 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+2

The white areas are likely suture reactions that can be helped by removing sutures.  I would say that a tummy tuck with a perfectly straight line is a rarity, but your results look good at this early time.  See your plastic surgeon about your concerns.

My Belly Button Dischargs and Has White Skin Around It

+2

Congratulations on your decision,and it looks like you have been rewarded with a nice result. 

From what I see on the photo, there seem to be two sutures at the skin margin. Their removal will probably be followed by an end to the drainage. Call your surgeon.

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos. All the best. 

My Tummy Tuck Procedure Was Done on December 14, 2012. My Belly Button Discharge and Has White Skin Around It?

+1

All the photos look great and your healing appears to be in the normal ranges. Best to have closer follow up with your chosen surgeon. 

Healing after tummy tuck looks good so far

+1

The questions you ask are fairly normal.  The look of the scars at two weeks is often distorted somewhat by swelling.  Your results look pretty good, at this point.  The little white areas on the belly button appear normal and should go away without further treatment over time.  Ask your surgeon about specific treatment for the belly button area.  Often, just washing it out daily with soap and water will spped the healing along.

Give it time and congratulations.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck.

+1

You are very early in the postoperative period.  Things that you note now will be a non issue later on.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Tummy tuck and results so far

+1

At two weeks you are still in the early healing phase. Because the body is asymmetric and one side ineveitably is laxer than the other, the scar is almost never completely straight.